1. It’s the new ‘Chez Fatou’. That is to say that the very first of the surf shack restaurants on beach road in Almadies, Chez Fatou Kim, has re-opened under new owners with a completely new menu and new look. But the location of Chez Fatou is the same, just after La Mer à Table on the petite Corniche des Almadies.
2. All-American Breakfast for 6500cfa! Pancakes with butter and maple syrup, your choice of fried, scrambled or omelette eggs, real bacon, roasted potatoes, toast, fresh fruit salad, choice of juices, tea or brewed American coffee.
3. The brewed Colombian coffee with breakfast includes free refills! And they like actually come to your table to refill without you having to wave a flag to get someone’s attention. It’s fantastic.
4. The view is gorgeous and peaceful when they open at 8:30am, but even more beautiful when the sun comes out fully.
5. The decor is all locally made, but unlike any other in town. The wooden chairs, bar chairs and carved bar are the work of Thierry Gilles, the woven lamps by Isaaka, the sideboards by a very talented man who goes by Scorpion. (I didn’t ask…)
6. The Chez Fatou mugs on the wall are monogrammed with the names of regulars. #lifegoals #feelslikehome
7. Kids are welcome! The kids’ menu for ages 5-12 includes grilled cheese, mac-n-cheese, chicken nuggets and spaghetti. Kids under 4 eat free from the kids’ menu.They have a stash of floats, kick boards and even nothing suits kids can wear if you get there are decide to get in the water at the last minute. Also a shower to rinse off the sand. #alltheparentsthankyou
8. More than just breakfast, they also serve a selection of salads and sandwiches that have a distinctly American flair. Think Blooming Onions, Caesar salad with chicken, gourmet sandwich with Brie, bacon and apricot… as well as a variety of grilled and seafood dishes. Click on the images below for the full menu.
9. They have fountain drinks for 1500cfa/glass. Mountain Dew, Pepsi, 7up and more. Also they have filtered water by the cup for 300cfa – genius!
10. Open daily from 8:30am. Closed Tuesdays, for now.
On the petite Corniche des Almadies (aka, Beach Road) just after La Mer à Table. Look for the yellow Flag beer sign that says ‘Chez Fatou’.
Find them on Facebook here.